As we enter the new year 2014, let us look back on our Top 10 of the most memorable anime scene carved right at our Kokoro (heart) that made us laugh, cry, pray, and made our heartbeat skipped a second…
Let’s start off from the bottom to the top 🙂
#10 – Kyoukai no Kanata – 12
Aki and Mirai finally defeats the Dreamshade, Beyond the Horizon (or whatever it is called depending on the translations) but at the price that Mirai will also disappear along with it due to her taking / absorbing the dreamshade from Aki to save him during the day of the Lull.
~ not really up high on our list but certainly included on the top.
# 9 – Genshiken Nidaime – 11
The kouhai’s locked-up Saki and Madarame inside the clubroom so that they can talk privately and to force Madarame to be honest with himself and ultimately have the guts to tell Saki what he really feels about her for the past 4 years.
– It took… The whole 1st series with 2 Seasons, 2 OVAs, and the whole season of the 2nd series.. and Finally, the stress was over… We don’t know about you guys but we really liked the series. Kinda reminds us of what we didn’t do back in college that kinda wish we had.
# 8 – Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge – 03
Kiri finally decided to make use of Crime Edge’s powers and become a Killer as the descendant of the most evil murderer of all time as he pledge to protect the Queen, Iwai.
– This scene really got us hooked on the series for it kinda tickled our Type-Moon fandom since it’s kinda similar in terms of concept though not quite the level of detail but did gave us somewhat the same thrill and excitement. Oh yea’ I made the edited image inspired by the game Melty Blood. It’s crap but who cares…
# 7 – Shingeki no Kyojin – 21
The death of Petra, Oluo, Eld, and Gunther (didn’t include him in the image anymore…)
– Don’t tell me this scene ain’t on your list. It took weeks of arguments, grieves, and a hell lot of man-tears, especially on Petra’s for some reason…
# 6 – Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Ilya – 06
As Illya wished for power to defeat enemy and save themselves from demise, she unconsciously unlock some kind of latent ability that allowed her to use the Archer-Class card and transforms herself into a Heroic Spirit.
– Loli X Illya X Archer. Nuff said.
# 5 – Chihayafuru S2 – 24
Arata faces the Queen, Wakamiya Shinobu for the finals of the Karuta National Tournament in the Class A division.
– Been looking forward to see this match animated since the day I read it on the manga and how the match went on. And it was awesome…
# 4 – Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S – 15
Touma fights off Accelerator to rescue Misaka-Imouto and put an end to the Level 6 Project.
See Index version: http://youtu.be/kP97UeSaBuY?t=4m5s
See Railgun S version:
– From the lamest Hand-Slap from To Aru no Majutsu no Index, to the most epic parry on To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S. Though expected, still can’t contain that level of excitement…
# 3 – The World God Only Knows – Goddesses Arc – 12
After the defeat of Vintage, Chihiro and the rest of the band performed at the School Festival singing her composed song…
– Do we still need to explain why? I don’t think so…
# 2 – Blood Lad – 06
Staz went off to fight Akimu as per deal he made with his brother to help resurrect Fuyumi.
– Fandom stiked us again at full force.
# 1 – Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S – 14
After discovering the dark secret revolving around the Misaka Sisters and Misaka’s plan to stop the experiment by letting herself to be killed by Accelerator effortlessly, Touma tries to stop Misaka from doing so…
– All I can say, this scene kinda gave me the shivers due the set of emotions expressed by Mikasa throughout the scene and the seriousness within each lines that really reach right at the Kokoro.
If there are scenes that you think should have been included but was not, it means we haven’t seen them yet or didn’t really had an impact on us…
Well, that’s it for our list. What yours?? 😀